Thursday, December 21, 2017

Steel Beasts ProPE - The Cavalry Fight or Lack Thereof

I was browsing the summer 2017 issue of Armor magazine and, besides other very interesting articles related to the Cavalry branch, I noticed an article about "fighting for information".



It reminded me of one of the toughest scenarios I played in the series (Hasty Attack by VolcanoMan) and it prompted me to re-assess the tactics of the US Cavalry units present in the scenario. In the video above, I explain why I decided it was best not to fight for information. Make sure to check it out at YouTube for HD.

Cheers,

2 comments:

Johan said...

Hi JC,

good video. If you really want to explore this topic, here is a link for you: Link

I can't get the link to work right now, I hope this is just temporary. It's a big PDF publication (656 pages), called "To fight or not to fight? - Organizational and doctrinal trends in mounted maneuver reconnaissance from the interwar years to Operation Iraqi Freedom."

JC said...

Hi Johan,

What a great document. Thank you so much for sharing it. I'm reading it cover to cover.

Cheers,